The other day when I wasn't home Brandon made some cookies with Brayden. He had to put her to bed, however, before she got to see them come out of the oven.
The next day all we heard was "I 'na make cookies, I 'na make cookies." So Brandon got creative. They went over to her kitchen set and he grabbed a pretend cookie from her play food.
First they stirred the dough...
...then they placed it in on the oven rack.

...and put it in the oven.

They watched and watched for the cookie to bake.

Finally, after dinner, the cookie was ready to come out of the oven.

Brandon switched it for the real cookie and Brayden then enjoyed her little treat.

The sad part was the next day when Brandon was at school, Brayden put the "cookie dough" in her oven.

Then she watched and watched...

It was hard to see her disappointment when the cookie didn't bake.
I told her it would only be ready after dinner:)

Lately all I hear these days are the words "I 'na this, I 'na that (translation: 'na= I wanna/want to)...over and over again. She's always asking for something. I need to learn to tune this out or I am gonna go crazy!
These little clips in the video all occured within maybe only 15 minutes of each other,
but this is what I hear all day long sometimes...
12 comments:
Ok seriously that was the cutest not to mention very creative of your hubby to make her own cookies. She seems to be getting older everytime I look at your blog. She is beautiful and from the pics is following after her mommy in the fashion and dancing. Adorable.... Hope your doing well.
luv ya
Amanda
Oh I forgot where did you get that adorable kitchen???
I am amazed at how well she talks. She has a lot of needs and wants....we all do!!! Smart Brandon on the cookie thing. Way to go! "I 'Na" more pictures of Brayden!!
Aww... the story is so cute! and your beautiful daughter is growing a lot!!! :) what such a lovely family you have!!!!!
love the kitchen:) It did not take Scott long to put it together ;) He has had A LOT of practice. I keep the "honey do" list right in front of him often :)
How are you feeling?
love the kitchen:) It did not take Scott long to put it together ;) He has had A LOT of practice. I keep the "honey do" list right in front of him often :)
How are you feeling?
How creative is Brandon's cookie baking? She sounds just like Cody when she talks.
That story is so cute! I wish our timing would have worked out in Utah so our kids could play together!
Way to go to the hubby! That was a great idea. Sorry that she was disappointed the next day. I love making cookies with the girls, even though they eat most of the dough before cooking....
you have a very smart little girl! That's so fun that Brandon baked cookies with her :)
By the way, we'd rather hear about your hospital postings (preferably before 6 weeks) than post ours. Yours will be much more better... English in need of medical help...
What a big girl! And I love the feather boa...is it wrong if I have one just like it????
Post a Comment