December 16, 2009

Nap Time With Daddy

Brandon stayed home one day on the weekend during nap time so I could go to the store to do some grocery shopping. It wasn't until two hours later on my way home that I noticed I missed a call from him. Once I got home he just looked at me and said,
"I tried calling you."
Well, before I left I put the kids down for a nap, trying to keep our routine the same it is all week to get the best outcome possible. When I left, Brayden wasn't yet asleep but she does really good at staying in her bed until she falls asleep. After I left, I guess Brayden called for Brandon telling him she needed to go potty. (I usually don't let her pull this one on me which is why I make sure she goes potty before I put her down, but Brandon didn't know that.) Understandably so, he let her go potty. I have her close the door when she uses the bathroom due to Kaleb always making a b-line straight for the toilet while she's sitting on it. So of course she insisted with Brandon that she have the door closed. Meanwhile he waited while she did her business. When he eventually came back to check on her he opened the door and found her standing in the toilet with her business! YUCK! He immediately removed her and placed her in the tub to sanitize. She did not like the scrubbing and hated the hand sanitizer he rubbed all over her legs and feet. (It might have stung a little). I don't think she will be doing that again any time soon.
He then proceeded to put her back to bed. She was making a ruckus and was bothering Kaleb who was resting soundly in the same room. He had to remove Kaleb and place him in the other room. Luckily he stayed asleep. She insisted that she wasn't tired and didn't need a nap and that she wanted to play quietly in her room. Brandon wasn't sure if this is something we did (hence the phone call) and agreed as long as she played quietly. About an hour later he came back to find this...

(The picture really doesn't do it justice. She completely ransacked the room.)

And this is when I came home. I couldn't help but laugh seeing the look on his face. He had just discovered what she had done. (You have to understand...Brayden is not allowed to make messes like this. She knew exactly what she was doing.) Brandon realized he had been played. Then with some laughter in my voice I light heartedly told him,

"No, I do not let her play during nap time (because this is what happens) and she is not to get out of her bed because she NEEDS a nap...even if she thinks she doesn't." I guess I answered his question a little too late. Too bad I missed his phone call.

Brandon then brought in the groceries while I had Brayden pick up every last bit of her room. Glad nap time doesn't go down like that every day.

I just have to say, Brandon goes to school all day learning everything he is learning there and then comes home and works so hard to learn the ropes here at home too. He really does a great job.

.

.

.

A good friend of ours insisted on taking Brayden to Build-A-Bear this week.
She came home with this...

I hope my facial expression didn't show what I was thinking, which was,
"What the heck did she pick out?"
They kept trying to convince her to pick a different outfit but she insisted on the Christmas tree.
It's a moose but she named it Red Nosed Reindeer.
Too funny.
Now it sits on her bed like a sore thumb. I think we'll have to make a little trip to get a new outfit:)
And the band-aid on her chin she HAD to have because it was the only thing that would make her tiny little scratch feel better. She finally let me take it off two days later.
On a sadder note, poor little Kaleb got sick last week. He got a nasty cough that kept getting worse. One night he started wheezing a little so I took him to urgent care. They said he most likely has bronchiolitis and gave me this nebulizer to give him medicine with a couple times a day to help him breath better until the cough is gone. They also found he had a double ear infection. I would have never known. He's had no fever and has really been a happy camper.
It's the saddest thing to give him his breathing treatments. The whole thing lasts about seven minutes. The first five minutes he does great but then he gets restless. He has just gotten down the sign "please" and it breaks my heart because he gives me the sign trying to tell me to take the mask off of him:(
He is getting better though and still is as happy as can be.
I took him in for his 9 month check up yesterday.
weight: 22 lbs 14 oz
height: 28.5 in
That's only three pounds in three months. He's slowing down a little.
In the video I captured one of those "melt your heart" moments when I caught Brayden cleaning up her toys and teaching Kaleb how to do it with her.
But first....remember this video?
Kaleb has followed suite.

4 comments:

Heather Strong said...

That's a funny story about Brayden. Jake does the same thing sometimes but we haven't reached the point of Emmett trying to get away with stuff other than touching the TV or something small. I don't know what I am going to do once he doesn't want to nap as much. I'll have to quit my job, that is for sure, because that is when I get all my work done!

Darcy said...

Poor Brandon got played by a 2 year old! What a good sister Brayden is! I love how Kaleb follows everything she does. So cute :). He's so adorable waving.

The Firths said...

I have the same problem when I stay with the girls. I don't know the routine and get played pretty often.

txhess said...

I love the nap story! And your kids are playing together so well!! I am so excited for that day!