February 4, 2010

A Cinderella Party!

The Royal Invitation
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
By order of the King and Queen, your little Princess/Knight is cordially invited to the Gardner Castle for a Royal Ball to celebrate Princess Brayden’s 3rd Birthday!
The Princess
The Castle
The Prince
The Duke
The Fairy Godmother
The Glass Slipper
The Cake
The Guests
Cinderella (Brayden), Sleeping Beauty (Mary), Sir Clayton, Sleeping Beauty II (Madison), Belle (Victoria), Tiana (Mia), Snow White (Anabelle)-not pictured, and Sir Owen-not pictured.
The Ball
We started out Brayden's party by reading to them the Cinderella story and the kids acted out each different scene.
First they grabbed a rag, a broom, or a vacuum and did all their chores. Then they got ready for the ball and (pretended to) put on their dresses. After the mean stepsisters ripped their dress they ran to the garden and cried. That's when their Fairy Godmother said the magic words,
"Bibety-Boppity-Boo"
...and a magical gown appeared and they were ready for the ball.
They danced at the ball and when the clock stuck midnight the dancing was over...but they had to find the missing glass slipper hidden somewhere in the Gardner Castle.
After the story was over we played some fun games and ate. I made mice out of Brayden's old socks...
...and they played bean bag toss by throwing them into the castle door.
By that time the kids were ready to eat.
They ate peanut butter and jelly star sandwiches, berries, crown shaped Jell-O jigglers, and glass slipper cookies.
We sang Happy Birthday to Brayden and she blew out all her candles. The great part about this cake is that is was practically mess free. There was no messy icing for their little fingers to dive into and they still loved the fondant. I made it out of marshmallows so it tasted good.
After they ate we played "Pin the Tiara on Cinderella." Brandon came up with the great idea of doing magnets on the fridge. I think there ended up being a three-way tie between Sleeping Beauty (Mary), Cinderella (Brayden), and Belle (Victoria). Having a bunch of 2-3 year olds being dropped off I worried about how chaotic it would be but surprisingly they all behaved so well and played together happily. Not one fight. Not one tantrum. And that's why I only kept it to an hour and a half so it stayed that way.
At this point we played "Duck, Duck, Duke." I didn't get any pictures of it (only video). They all ran around in circles chasing each other and then sat down and each took turns doing the "ducking."
This is Cinderella's throne where she opened up her presents.
Her friends all did such a good job helping her and surprisingly Brayden didn't get upset. I think she was just happy to be sitting in her throne.
They played around for a little bit while waiting for their parents to come and then we sent them away with their party bags.
It was a great time.
Brayden...I mean, Cinderella, enjoyed her birthday very much.
We had this party last Saturday but her actual birthday was on Monday, February 1st. We went to Chuck E. Cheese that night and even though she's afraid of the arcades she had a blast dancing with Chuck E.
(I'll post those pictures at another time.)

6 comments:

Joan Wardell said...

wow that was amazing. You could start your own birthday party business! What a beautiful cake. I knew you were creative....and that party really proves it!!! Brayden sure looked like she loved every minute of it. Way to do Denise and Brandon!

Middletonfamily said...

Denise,awesome job and you have the cutest little birthday princess!

Darcy said...

I was right! You threw an awesome 3rd bday party fro Brayden. You and your mad skills! I'm so jealous :)

Krista said...

denise!
i love it!
wow.
what a party!
cute. cute. cute!
happy birthday brayden!! =)

The Firths said...

Wow. That's about all I can add to that...

Heather Strong said...

What an amazing party! You are so creative.