April 14, 2010

On the Runway

Brayden has hit that stage where she wants to dress herself. The dressing herself part I love. It's the picking out the clothes herself that sometimes I'm not always thrilled about. However, the other day, after nap time, we had to go to the store, and it was quite a relief that all I had to say was, "go pick out something to wear so we can go to the store" (since by this time of the day, the first outfit she has already worn has been completely removed once we get through lunch and potty going), and she was ready in three minutes flat. I loved that. I think I can get used to giving up some control on the way she looks if that means avoiding the sometimes stressed out, running away from me, threatening time-out, dramatic episodes we have gone through in the past to get ready to go somewhere.
She started out not doing too bad....she even got compliments on this cute little petticoat.
Still, not too bad. Not something I would put her in, but she looks somewhat normal. Now we're getting interesting... ...and this one has to be my favorite so far. The pajama shorts over the romper...nice. Kaleb is now a full time walker. He started cruising this last week. He and Brayden have been so similar in everything they do. They both were the exact same weight and height when born. They both started crawling at 7 months, and now, became walkers at exactly 12 months 3 weeks. I had forgotten how adorable it is watching them turn into little toddlers, so I had to get more video of my "baby" walking...

4 comments:

Darcy said...

People understand when a kid looks unmatched.

Dayna and Randy said...

Oh yes, we know this stage well as Brooke is still in it. She has free reign with her pj's and comes up with some pretty creative stuff!

Erin said...

Isn't it cool to have mismatched patterns? It always seems to work when a famous designer does it, but when a pre-schooler does, people feel the need to explain. You hold your head high and keep in mind that your daughter, if not following the trends, is making them for the next fashion magazine to make millions off of!

Nicole M said...

That is too funny!! I dread the day Mikayla wants to pick out her own clothes, because I can already tell she's a stubborn one!