March 17, 2011

Kaleb turned 2!

Stats on our big little guy:
32 lbs
Favorite food: anything sweet and pizza
Favorite movie: Cars
Favorite Toys: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles....and balls
Favorite thing to chew: gum,
although he's been swallowing it a lot lately so I've taken it away for the time being. It's been harder to get him unhooked from gum then it was from his pacifier.
Favorite playmate: Of course, Brayden
Kaleb is a really big sweetheart as you'll see in part of the video I have of him. Brayden was sick with a stomach bug last week and he was so concerned about her. I finally got the camera out to catch a little bit of it. He really missed having his playmate up and about.
He is such an enjoyable two year old. I love how he usually asks my permission to do anything before he goes and does it. He is such a good listener also (for a two year old). He has his moments, of course, but we have so much fun with him. He seems to just get happier as he gets older This little "photo shoot" I had with him was rather amusing for me. Like I said, he listens well and follows directions easily. My favorite was every time I told him to smile, these are the 'cheesers' he would give me...
He was looking at the ground, so I told him to "look up."
Of course this is what he gave me...
I wanted a more 'natural' smile, so I told him to laugh...
Didn't quite get what I was looking for : )
"Peek-a-Boo"
"Blow a kiss" I told him to try to look at himself in the camera and find his blue eyes. Then I tried one last time to get a natural smile... I love these grins : ) He started out his birthday with a breakfast treat from daddy....
Donuts!
He was one happy birthday boy!
Later in the evening, because Brayden still wasn't feeling all that well, we stayed in for the most part except to go to the pet store.
We got a new fish tank a few weeks ago and one of Kaleb's presents was to pick out a fish.
They were so excited to bring their fish home.
We put them in the water and watched them swim around. Then the kids fed them before they went to bed.
Later on in the evening Brandon was looking at the tank trying to find one of the fish. It wasn't in there. We looked and looked for it, thinking it already died and is in the gravel somewhere or in the plants. We gave up the search for the time being. A few hours later Brandon finds the fish lying on our piano.
Apparently the fish jumped to his death. He must not have been too happy with his new home.
Poor Kaleb. His fish died on his birthday. Good thing he didn't really know the difference.
So, thanks to my kids I have this new hobby of cake decorating and this is the cake that I made for Kaleb. I made it the night before his birthday. It was getting late and I really wanted to go to bed but I still had to make the net. Luckily Brandon came up with this brilliant idea to just use a real net. It worked beautifully. I'm all about accessorizing with non edible things that will make it look better.
Brandon made some nice homemade ice cream to go along with it
(with his new ice cream maker he got for his birthday)
and the kids were really happy.
He loved all the presents he got (and so did Brayden). Thank you to everyone who thought of him.
We had a fun filled day celebrating Kaleb's sweet life and feel so blessed to have him in our family : )

No comments: