Here I am on the evening of Wednesday, January 18th, right before heading over to the hospital to be induced.
40 weeks
We got to the hospital at around 7pm to be admitted. I was so glad to be able to plan this induction this time around. I absolutely hate going into labor on my own. I'll never understand why so many women want to. It has always been torture for me, in tons of pain and not progressing, being sent home again and again...no thank you.
Since I had never been induced, I was kind of nervous how it would all turn out, but now that I've been through it, it is THE way to go.
I was put on cervidil Wednesday night and then they started the pitocin on Thursday morning at around 7:15am. I've heard about how painful pitocin can be, but with how painful my early labors have been in the past, pitocin was about the same. I was just glad I could ask for my epidural any time I wanted.
I ended up getting it at around 9:30. I didn't care how many tubes I had hooked up to my body, getting that epidural was so worth it.
For the next several hours Brandon and I hung out, pain free.
By 1:30 I was between 4 and 5 cm and that's when my doctor broke my water. I didn't know what to expect at that point since once my water broke with Kaleb, he was born within an hour.
Well, that didn't happen this time around.
I continued to progress steadily and slowly.
By about 4:45 I was to a ten and at this point just chillin waiting for my doctor. Kaleb came out in one push so the nurse didn't even want to try without the doctor there.
Once the doctor arrived, I pushed for less than a minute. With one contraction and three pushes, he was out at 5:05pm.
I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery.
Baby Kysen 7 lbs 10 oz 20.5 inches
January 19th, 2012
The NICU team was there to take a look at him.
Because he had a good cry and good color they let us hold him for a few minutes before they took him away.
Brandon went with the NICU team as they took him away to check out his heart.
I stayed back in the room.
I'll never forget what happened next.
After about an hour Brandon came back into the room where I was.
He had a huge smile on his face and asked me if I had heard...if anybody came in to tell me.
He then told me that they couldn't find anything wrong with baby's heart. His blood pressures in all four points were fine, there was no coarctacation of the aorta. All his valves were in good working order. They were kicking him out of the NICU and he was going to be rooming in with me and coming home with us as well.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
What a miracle!
I can't describe the feelings that ran through my heart.
We were so grateful and humbled by this amazing blessing.
Brandon had called my mom, who was at our house watching the kids. She began to cry and Brayden just couldn't understand why she was crying if she said she was so happy :)















10 comments:
He sure is a cutie. I'm so glad your labor went so well and that you got to bring Kysen home right away.
Denisse the way you describe your story is amazingly touching. I'm so happy everything went well and your handsome baby is in your arms. Ni the way you are right inductions are awesome!!
what a miracle?!!! congratulations! he is beautiful.
I love the pictures with Brayden and Kaleb holding their new baby brother.So sweet.
What a blessing to get to bring him home with you.
Congrats!!!
The picture of the boys is awesome. Were they all really asleep?
That's so amazing! God is so so good. Your family is so cute. Congrats one the new little dude!
I can't believe you have a new little baby and I can't hold him. He is so beautiful and such a blessing. I am so happy things turned out well (I even cried happy tears - I must be pregnant). You all look fantastic.
He is SUCH a cutie!!! I am so glad that everything went so well for your labor and delivery this time around. What a difference for you!
He is such a beautiful little newborn! So glad he is healthy and all is well!
WOw so perfect! How wonderful! Congratulations!
Post a Comment