January 3, 2013

Loose Teeth

A couple months ago right before Thanksgiving Brayden came to me ecstatic because she could wiggle her two bottom teeth. I told her,
"You know what I did when I was younger when I had loose teeth?"
"I let my dad pull them out!"
She thought about that idea and then decided that she wanted her daddy to pull them out since he was a dentist too.
I was surprised she wanted to be so brave.
Well, Brandon wasn't.
He said he would once he brought her in to the office to take an x-ray, then give some nitrous, and numb her up.
I looked at him like "Are you serious? You want to do all that to just pull out baby teeth?"
Well, she agreed to the royal treatment and had a great dental experience.

Before picture


 Off to her appointment with daddy.
 We made it a family event and all tagged along.
I wasn't supposed to take pictures in the office so I didn't get too many. I kept thinking..."all this for loose baby teeth. I better remember to make this as big of a deal when Kaleb has loose teeth."
She got the nitrous mask put on but it did nothing for her. Brayden has chronic allergies and couldn't breath through her nose very well apparently. She did great with the shot anyway.
 It was very simple. She got a cute little treasure box to keep her teeth in for the tooth fairy and both Brayden and Kaleb got to pick out a toy.
 And here's the after picture.
 I soon found out why she was so willing to be so brave. She gets to have her name on the tooth list at school for all the kids who lose their teeth.
And look who cut his first two teeth the same week
finally at 10 months old.



2 comments:

The Firths said...

I never realized that you could do all that for baby teeth. I mean, it makes sense, especially since Dad is a dentist, but that's pretty cool...

Darcy said...

Jake had a loose tooth once and my dad joked with him "hey, want me to pull that out with my pliers?" Jake said, "yeah!!" my dad was shocked. ?He had asked all of us when we had loose teeth if he could pull them out and we always said, "NO!" So dad pulled out Jakes' tooth... and Jake thought it was cool. So next loose tooth, he asked grandpa to do it again. These kids! lol