January 21, 2013

The Move


 I don't have many pictures to share of our new house. We haven't even gotten one of us standing in front of it yet. And I'm kicking myself for not getting a before picture of this because the very first thing we did, literally two days after we moved in, was ripped up the floor and had new tile put in.
That was NOT fun to share our fresh and newly built home with 3-4 tile guys making a mess, marking up the walls and baseboards, and making it  unusable and impossible to "move in," unpack and organize anything.. All the while I was busy trying to entertain the kids with no cable or internet hooked up yet and trying to keep them off the floor. It took them ,about a week, the longest week ever, and I couldn't wait for them to be DONE.

 
I wanted the look of wood, but it being in the kitchen, I didn't want to worry about any spills or moisture problem as well as kids dinging it up, so we went with wood looking tile.

This was the before mess.
 
And after....I couldn't wait to clean it up.


 


 We have really loved it.
Once we get more projects done in the rest of house, I'll start sharing more pictures of it.
We've been here for almost three months now and it's a work in progress. Lots of work to do. Maybe in a few years, and after many more pay checks, we'll actually be done.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How fun. I'm excited to see more pictures.