And so it begins...
...in true two year old fashion.
Kysen's birthday is today, January 19th. It's a Sunday this year so we stayed at home to celebrate.
I snapped some pictures of him playing in the backyard.
Yesterday we had planned to go bowling as a family for his birthday. We made reservations and had already payed for it, but when we arrived the bowling ally's power was out. It was no big deal for us. We're going to get a refund and we get a few free bowling games out of it, but there were 14 birthday parties scheduled for that day. We felt bad for all those kids.
We thought fast what we could do. The kids suggested roller skating, Chuck E Cheese, or Peter Piper Pizza. Brayden really wanted to go see Frozen again.
But when thinking about what we thought Kysen would really like, we came up with the perfect idea.
We headed over to Target to let him pick out a new ball!
And then we went to Bigz. (a restaurant with a big open field for kids to run around and play with balls)
He couldn't have been happier. He couldn't decide on one ball so I let him get two soccer balls. One regular size and one small one.
He just kept kicking that ball back and forth up and down the field, switching off balls. He was so happy.
He even slept with those balls. Which worked out perfect since yesterday he happened to finally lose his final pacifier (I've lost count, but there are 6+ pacifiers lost in our house somewhere) Sleeping with the balls was a great substitute and seemed to appease him.
The rest of the pictures are from today and mostly courtesy of Miss Brayden. She was my photographer for the evening.
She did a pretty good job.
Muffins for breakfast this morning.
Chicken nuggets, fries, and fruit squeeze pouches, with chocolate milk for dinner. A Kysen classic.
It's present time!
Brandon and I don't think either of other kids have ever shown more excitement after opening up their presents like this kid did. He was one happy kid. I guess we did well.
(remember, Brayden took these pictures)
He got a cool "Kawasaki" three wheeler bike.
And a T-ball
It's motorized and will pitch the ball to you.
First hit.
A little motorcycle
An Imaginex figure
and little cars.
Brayden insisted on getting him string cheese. She knows what he likes. He was thrilled!
And we ate our favorite chocolate cake from Target heated in the microwave with a scoop of ice cream. Tastes just like the molten lava cake from Chilis.
Happy Birthday Kysen!
Our family wouldn't be the same without you!
P.S.
Tonight....much to our resistance, he's sleeping with his new three wheeler. Lol. I'm going to take it out after he goes back to sleep, I just hope I'm not woken up at 2 in the morning because of it.
We eventually made it out bowling.
1 comment:
haha so cute! Tell Brayden that she is very talented!! Kysen is growing up so fast!! I loved reading your post :)
Post a Comment