
A few weeks ago for family home evening we had a lesson teaching Brayden all about what it means to be nice. We were hugging each other and kissing each other, touching "softly" and sharing. Then we told her why it's important to be nice and we told her that it makes Jesus happy. We recently got a picture of Jesus for Brayden's room that she hadn't seen yet and we got it out showing her who Jesus is. Well, of course the lesson didn't last longer than 5 minutes and then we were off putting her to bed.
The next morning I went into her room after she woke up. She was standing there waiting for me as usual and when she saw me she wouldn't stop pointing. I didn't know what she was pointing at because she never does that in the morning. Then I hear her say "Jees, Jees" while pointing to the picture of Jesus we were looking at the night before. She then signed "please" and wasn't happy until I gave her the pictures of Jesus and let her hold it. She now points Him out and whispers "Jees" around the house or at church whenever she sees a picture of Him.
She has recently been learning where her body parts are and loves pointing to them. It just dawned on me, however, that every time I tell her "no" she may stop what she's doing, but only to point to her "nose." We"re going to have to clear that one up, but for now it's pretty amusing.
Brayden's vocabulary is growing and she is continually learning new signs. She always makes an attempt to say the word along with the sign. Here she is signing and saying "go" to our obnoxious neighbor's dog in which they let roam around without a leash. We were on a walk yesterday and the dog wouldn't leave us alone. After she got brave enough and stopped her frantic crying from fear (because the dog was finally far enough away) she told the dog to "go." You tell him, Brayden!
After last week's video I think we all thought that this was going to take a little bit longer, but here's what happened the very next day...
3 comments:
cute little montage!! you are so good at those! you need to teach me! i can't believe she is walking!! yay! {here come the bruises...Ü)
"Chariots of Fire"... what a perfect song for such a feat! I love it when they "side step." That's a good FHE lesson, especially for a baby who will be in nursery soon.
Way to go Brayden!!
Okay so I am really jealous that you guys are hanging out in shorts and t-shirts in February!
Post a Comment