Before I was a Mom
I cleaned my house each day and didn't worry about sharp corners, outlets, or choking hazards. I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I never thought about vegetables.
Before I was a Mom
I had never been puked on, pooped on, spit up on, or peed on.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests...or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never stayed up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that I could love someone so much.
Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.
Before I was a Mom
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes just to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much...
...Before I was a Mom.
montage poem by Jill Lemming 
13 comments:
I am so blessed to be your mom!
We love you. Happy Mother's Day.
Love, mom
Denise, I am so lucky and grateful to have you as my wife and the mother of our children. Thank you for everything you do to raise and nurture our beautiful daughter. You amaze me with your tender heart and creative talents each and every day. Happy Mother's Day Denise.
Love, Brandon
SO beautiful!!! Great job.
Lisa
I love this poem and the pictures to go along with it are adorable. She sure is growing up fast! What a doll!
You make me so excited to be a mom!! Happy Mother's Day!
Is that B&W picture of your Grandma Sonnenberg? If so, she is a SPITTING image of your mother!
Happy Mother's Day
Happy mother's day Denise!!! Love your blog....so cute. It is truly amazing how much one little person can change your life and become your heart and soul. Being a mom is wonderful, looks like your doing an amazing job at it:)
Take care kim Bodily
That was heart warming. The pictures were cute and the poem was amazing. Jen really could relate to it.
Hope all is well!
Denise-
Natalie looks forward every week to seeing the new pictures of Brayden. Thanks for all of your hard work to keep us updated! We hope that you have had a Great Mother's Day-
Love, Heather
Cute! Totally made me cry! And made me think of all the amazing experiences we had on the mish... I loved being your compie:)
this was so sweet and your daughter is so dang cute!!!
So beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes because I literally just rocked Taylor back down and didn't want to put her back in her crib. Sometimes a mother just needs to hold her baby.
just watched an old mothers day video and just have to say that you and brayden's baby pics are like twinners!!
Post a Comment