June 26, 2008

Earth, Wind, Fire....and water

We continued our travels last weekend and took a fun weekend getaway with some friends in our ward to the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. It's only a few hours away and we don't know why it's taken us so long to go. It was a beautiful weekend. The water was incredibly warm and down by the water the air was breezy and not too hot or humid. (Nothing like what I expected.) This was our view behind us on the beach. On this particular day we had to drive through these controlled field fires that gave our cars a nice camp fire air freshener smell, free of charge. Here is Brayden's first time in the ocean. She obviously loved it. She ran straight for the water before I could even get sunscreen on her. She thought the water was fun until she found the sand. Here is our nature made playpen. By just digging a wide hole in the sand she was entertained for hours and couldn't go anywhere. Brandon took her out on the boogie board... ...but she wasn't too interested in that. I, on the other hand, was.
We had a great time until...
...our trip was cut a little short when we visited a medical clinic and then headed home due to this lovely condition that showed up...

It turned out to be a pretty severe bacterial infection that started out with a twinge of pain in the corner of my eye. We thought it was a stye at first until it turned into this. I've been on some horrid antibiotics, but at least my eye is back to normal again and out of pain. It has not been a fun experience.

I thought Brayden was going to be afraid of me, but she didn't even notice at first. I told her I had an "owie" so every time she saw me she wanted to kiss it...and of course she wanted a bandage on her eye too.

We didn't get too many videos of our trip but here are some small clips...

7 comments:

Joan Wardell said...

Loved the "sand"wich...why did you let her eat it?
looks like you had a great time.
I don't like the looks of that eye! glad you are doing better
love, mom

Krista said...

yikes denise!
i'm glad your eye is feeling better!!!Ü
cute beach pics!
looks like ya'll had a great time!

Darcy said...

Wow, your eye looks painful! Too bad it interrupted your trip.

The Firths said...

I think we'll follow your example. A hole would be a great entertainer for the girls. We might let them out sometime. Hope things are better with the eye. How did you get it? Was it from the water?

Lemmonhead said...

Denise,
She is so cute!!
Where do you guys live? What a fun trip!! It's fun to see your cute family. thanks for letting me visit your blog!!

Lemmonhead said...

Hey Denise,
Lemmonhead is Marie Monson Lemmon, just so you know.

Pollock Palooza said...

okay so you got some yucky from the water? I don't even like styes, so looking at the patch made me sad for that to happen on the trip... but then again you'll NEVER forget the trip now:)