Well, we finally did it. We said bye-bye to the pacifier. Brayden has never really been hooked on it all day, but she's used it at naptime and bedtime for a while now. Those times have been very peaceful so I was very nervous about this transition.
We talked about it weeks in advance and had the date set. Every time I was out at the store I would stroll by the toys section and ask her what she wanted the paci fairy to bring her in exchange for her pacifier. I thought a baby glow worm would be a good replacement because it would be something she could sleep with that might help pacify her in another way. She seemed to really like it. We visited the glow worm in the store many times and I reminded her what she needed to do to get it.
Finally the day came. I wish I got it on video because she did so good. We got out the envelope and had her put her paci in it. She then put the envelope on the front porch and said, "Bye-bye paci, I love you, I'll miss you."
She was very excited about her new glow worm baby, but the same rules applied. The glow worm stays in the crib and she can only play with her when it's time for a nap or time for bed.
However, she has since tried to find other things to substitute the pacifier...
The song I chose for this montage is supposed to be kind of funny not sappy.
In memory of.....
....The Pacifier
7 comments:
I don't know how you do it...find the perfect pictures with the perfect song. You are amazing! Wow...Brayden's hair is long enough for piggy tails. I love it!
What a good idea! You are such a cute and creative mommy! I love the paci fairy.
how cute and creative!!! love the pig tails!!
You look so cute prego. Where are you living now? You daughter is so cute.
What a good idea! My friend's kids have a really hard time giving up their pacifiers. I'm going to show her your cute blog.
~Caitlin
We weren't that nice. We just took them away. End of story. The video was great, especially when she had the two binkis.
Perfect song for this moment. Congrats to Brayden and you!!!
Post a Comment