So last weekend some friends in my ward threw me a surprise baby shower. Every month we usually do a girls night out and that's all I thought it was. I never caught on even when I kept being asked if I was going to be there.
After being there for about five minutes I noticed all the food being put together and a big cake. I was confused...then I saw all the gift bags. My first thought was, "did I miss something? I didn't know I was supposed to bring a gift." Then it dawned on me and that's when I felt pretty silly.
I never like having all attention on me, but it was my turn and I did feel pretty special.
(Disclaimer: if I would have known this event was for me and pictures were going to be taken I may have cared to do my hair and wear something cuter than scrubs, but oh well)
I've always wanted one of these.
These are some of my friends that showed up.
This milestone was short lived once she felt a tug and a pull here and there and I thought she would never let me touch her hair again.
I had a great time.
Thanks again girls!
yes, pigtails.
Her hair has been long enough for a little while now but the challenge has been her letting me touch it. She watched one of her little girlfriends have her hair done so Brayden graciously allowed me to do hers.
I love it. She looks like such a little girl now.
But then I learned that bribery can go a long way and now she loves having "pretties" in her hair and wants me to do them everyday
I had to run up to the distribution center this last week which is right next to the temple. So Brayden and I took a walk around the temple.
In the video you can hear what she learned there as well as what she learned a few weeks ago in church.
10 comments:
I don't even know how she says that! I was cracking up!
Thanks to all your friends for the surprise shower! how nice was that!!
Ha ha! That video was so great!!
wish i could've been there at the shower!! i'm finally feeling a bit better! yay!! i'm soooo jealous that you're almost done!!! i'm so excited for ya'll.
her little piggies look so cute! Ü
Love "Smith." Cody does the same thing with annunciation. So fun to have a babyshower, and a surprise at that!! Cute diaper cake.
I would always set the girls on the counter, give them a toothbrush to play with and let them look in the mirror while I did their hair...It seemed to work pretty good...of course now they get bad tangles and hate it now matter what.
Jen
That is so fun! What great friends! I can't believe you only have 4 days until your dute date! I am so jealous. I can't wait to see the cute little boy.
How fun! What great friends. I love the baby "cake" they made.
Brayden looks really cute in pigtails!
What a fun shower, love the cake!
Too funny! I was wondering if you knew about it! Sorry, I couldn't come that night. I can't believe you are due any minute!
I just caught up on your blog... I can't believe that Brayden is TWO?! NO WAY!!
Wow, fun times all around!
Hey, and thanks for your advice about the onesie extenders! Glad I didn't fork over the cash for them! :)
GOOD LUCK!!!
Post a Comment