March 12, 2009

Trying to Pass Time...

I'm six days past my due date now and I can't believe that I really might actually go all the way to my scheduled induction on Monday. It's the pits. I'm not even going to get started on how irritated I am...mostly because the only reason I have to wait so long (besides the fact that my body won't go into labor on its own) is that my doctor is on spring break. I'm glad she gets a break to be with her family and all...the timing just stinks for me. This has been the longest week of my life (not to mention the longest nine-going on ten-months).
At least we've had time to put together the baby's room. Brayden and Kaleb will be sharing a room. I'm keeping Brayden in her crib as long as I can so we just got another one for Kaleb. I still have to work on some minor decorating details but I'm glad we at least found a way to fit everything in there. This last weekend we went to "Build A Bear" and let Brayden build a bear for Kaleb. His name is "Champ." This bear has extra love with two hearts inside since she wasn't satisfied with only one. Here she is trying to be like Mommy....or Daddy trying to get a good laugh. She kept walking around saying, "It's my Kaleb! It's my Kaleb!" while patting her balloon filled tummy. I caught some cute videos of Brayden with her "babies." She's a really big sweetheart. She's going to be a great big sister.
(just disregard the ratty hair and no pants. It was the end of a long day.)

12 comments:

Darcy said...

OH MAN! I was hoping for brand new baby pictures this week. I guess I don't remember that you don't go into labor on your own? Was it this way with Brayden? There are 3 women in my ward that go 2 weeks over their due dates with each of their kids. Not fun, I'm sure. Happy pushing on Monday!!!

Joan Wardell said...

Brayden is so sweet. What a tender little girl. You are right. She will be a great big sister. What a great example you are to her.

The Kunz Family said...

Oh denise...I'm so sorry. But the kids room looks adorable and that picture of Brayden is hilarious. I'm sending hopeful vibes your way that your sweet Kaleb makes his grand debut very soon!!

Scott and Laura said...

This is so cute! I love it! Good luck on Monday.

Joan Wardell said...

For all of you who might check Denise's comments....she had baby Kaleb early Sat. morning...he weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 19 inches long. I know she can't wait to tell you all about it!

Caitlin said...

Congratulations!!! I don't know how you made it that far. I was induced a few days early with both kids and felt like I wasn't going to make it. Can't wait to see pictures!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Love Brayden's balloon belly! lol!

Meghan said...

Congrats, Denise!! So happy to hear you've had him finally! We look forward to seeing pictures!

Anonymous said...

Brayden is one of the cutest little girls I have seen. What a personality! Congrats on another little baby. You will have so much help you won't know what to do with it. So fun to watch your little girl grow and we can't wait to see your son. We love you.

Tami H. said...

Congrats, so happy you didn't have to be induced. Very healthy weight!

Lisa said...

Love that picture of Brayden. Priceless.

manders said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry he hasn't come yet. I hope to see baby pics soon. You are a true champ I would be furious by now. Today is monday so I will say CONGRATS!!!