April 23, 2009

My Beautiful Family

Two years old is such a fun age (most of the time). Brayden does/says so many things and cracks me up every day. I need to write these things down more so I can remember them. They may not be funny to anyone else. You may just "have to be there" but I'll share a few of them nonetheless:
.
.
.
I was in the middle of feeding Kaleb and stopped to burp him. Brayden was nearby at my feet playing with her toys. He of course let out a burp and Brayden stopped what she was doing, looked up at me and gave me a surprised look and said, "Kaleb flajulation." Well, she was mistaken, but it was still super funny.
This all goes back to when Brandon and I had a little disagreement. He thought it was okay to teach Brayden the word "fart" and I thought it was crude for a little toddler to say that word and wanted her to use the word "toot." Well, Brandon ended up teaching her "flagellation" instead. After all this time she still remembered it.
.
.
.
(Those who know "Dora the Explorer" will get this one)
Brayden was playing with some packing bubbles that she pulled out of a package I got in the mail. I recognized this is something she really enjoyed playing with so I was going to "use" it to get her to do something I wanted her to do. I told her she needed to pick up her cars if she wanted to play with the bubbles. She ignored me of course so I proceeded to take away the bubbles and repeated myself. She then in all seriousness stands up and with great emotion in her voice says, "Swiper, no swiping!!" while waving her hand at me. I couldn't help but laugh.
.
.
.
We were playing with her alphabet puzzle the other day and reviewing all the letters. I would hold up a letter and ask her which letter it was and then ask her where it went. Well, she was stuck on the letter "X" and couldn't seem to find where it went on the puzzle. She wanted to put it in the letter "K's" place. I could see where that would be confusing but I told her to try again and to "look a little bit closer." She then proceeds to put her face closer to the puzzle and literally "looks closer" with her nose practically touching it. A little kid's mind is so innocent.
.
.
.
Brayden: "I want some juice."
Me: "You need to finish your milk."
Brayden: "I want juice."
Me: "It's milk or nothing."
Brayden: "I WANT JUICE!"
Me: "Okay, nothing."
Brayden: "I want milk."
Works every time.
.
.
.
Brandon was sitting next to Brayden outside one day when they were playing. All of a sudden she looks up at him, gasps, and says, "big poop...big, giant, poop." She pauses for a minute and then says, "...with pee on it."
I think it's about time I potty train her.
.
.
.
Me: "Oh, Brayden. You're such a drama queen."
Brayden: With great confidence in her voice, "I'm not drama queen. I'm BRAYDEN."
.
.
.
Well, she is such a super sweet big sister. There hasn't been any jealousy issues that we've encountered yet. She always wants to hold Kaleb and loves to see him smile. This last week he has started to smile at us when we play with him and it has been super fun. Brayden usually is the best at it (even though I couldn't capture it on the video)...it's probably her high pitched voice that he likes...but it's fun to see brother and sister so happy together.

4 comments:

Joan Wardell said...

Those stories are the best...you definately have to write them in yours or her journal. Missed a video though....I guess I can't have everything...just glad to get any post. You really do have a beautiful family....that I miss very much!

Joan Wardell said...

oh...my computer wasn't working right when I first checked your blog....I see it now....always the best!

Darcy said...

Brayden is so funny!! Kids do say funny stuff. And Kaleb is just getting cuter and cuter! Love that he smiles.

Tim and Melissa said...

ok...those comments of hers are so funny! What a cutie! Your little guys is absolutely darling too!!