May 5, 2009

The Joys of Mommyhood

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since you called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of your grace
I see then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me all the while
And I stop to kiss that precious smile.
author unknown
This was just a little poem that I thought was cute in lou of this Mother's Day coming up.
Truly what a blessing it is to be a mother. I'm grateful for having the sweetest children ever.
They are my greatest joys.
I'm also grateful to my mother for everything she has taught me by her always giving, hardworking, and loving example.
I'm a better mother because of her.
I took these pictures a few weeks ago because Brayden and Kaleb just happened to be matching that day. Brayden did such a good job holding onto Kaleb. Everytime he would slide to one side or the other, she would lift him straight again, hold him tight, and say, "I got him."
It's funny how much more relaxed you get after your first born. When Brayden was a new baby I was always so nervous when anyone else held her let alone a two year old.
Check out last year's Mother's Day blog post. She's so grown up now...and finally has hair.
(blocking the sun :) There really is nothing like... ...waking up in the morning... ...and looking at your child's face...
...to find that your baby slept 8 hours last night!!! Happy Mother's Day To Me!!!
Thanks Kaleb

4 comments:

Darcy said...

I love that pome. I also think the video is so funny when both kids are crying together! Sympathy cries from Brayden, probably. Kaleb is getting so big! He's just a doll. Congrats on being able to sleep for 8 strait hours.

Heather Strong said...

Those pictures are so cute! I am glad you put video of your kids crying (and being happy, too) because everyone always talks about how angelic their kids are and I am thinking well what is wrong with mine because he is NOT always angelic like everyone else's supposedly are!! Phew, other people's kids cry, too. I feel better now! Happy Mother's Day!

Heather Strong said...

Oh Denise, you make me feel so much better. Emmett is my biggest challenge - I wouldn't take him back in a second and couldn't ever live without him but oh there are days... and I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Heather Strong said...

I am back!! My friend gave me the idea of independent time from Toddlerwise - I am now reading the book. Thanks for the advice on sticking to it! My friend has 3 kids 3 and under and works from home and she THRIVES off the schedule and independence of her kids so I am hoping that if she can do it with 3, maybe someday I can handle 2 kids ha ha.