May 11, 2009

So I think Mother's Day is my new favorite holiday.
This is the sign Brandon made for my room.
All I wanted was a little bit of a break and that's what I got.
Ironically it's called "Mother's Day" and I want a break from all my motherhood responsibilities.
On top of that Brandon surprised me with one of these...
We had a lot of fun breaking it in and made pizza dough with it to make pizza for dinner.
And then after that we had fun making cookie dough in it.
And Brayden had fun eating the cookie dough.
It was a nice relaxing day.
Kaleb is now two months old.
He's already almost doubled his birth weight at 14 lbs. He's one solid healthy boy. He's 23 inches long.
I can't seem to capture the blue in this little guys eyes like I want to.
They are just beautiful. And we may just call him "Mr. Lips." Everyone that takes a look at him comments on what beautiful lips he has.
He likes to flash his pouty lips often.
Last week we visited the fire station with our preschool group. All the kids were so excited and they had hats to wear and everything. Well, the firemen had an emergency to be at so we weren't able to see the firemen and firetrucks.
Instead we went to the park and ate ice cream. She got over it pretty fast.
Last week it was my turn to teach our preschool group. We learned all about how to take care of our teeth. I made this poster with removable laminated items seperated by what is good for our teeth and what isn't. We talked about how we are supposed to brush our teeth and then we had a fun healthy snack.
After all of her friends left Brayden asked me if she could eat broccoli. She was actually paying attention to what we learned that day. She has never had broccoli before and we don't normally have it in our house because I can't stand it. Well, we just so happened to have some in our freezer thanks to my mom who had bought some when she was here helping out after Kaleb was born.
So I steamed some up and let her have a try.
See what happens...

7 comments:

Joan Wardell said...

So Sweet....she likes broccoli...that's so cool! what a great mommy you are....you deserved a break!! glad you got it!

Debbie and Ryan said...

I got the same gift for Mother's Day! We haven't tried it out yet though.

Darcy said...

What a great break you got. Don't you just love your kitchenaid? I never thought I'd see the day that one of your children would eat broccoli! But really, if she likes the frozen stuff, she'll love it fresh and steamed. I love broccoli!

Robyn said...

Cute video. It's great to get kids to try new things. My kids love fresh, steamed broccoli but they dislike the frozen stuff. The real question is will you start fixing it since she actually likes it? :)

I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day you are certainly successful at your job!

Heather Strong said...

OH I bet you enjoyed that break! You deserve it! I loved the video! I always laugh so much when I watch the videos of your kids. They are so cute.

manders said...

I am so glad that you had an amazing mothers day! I love my kitchen Aid its amazing. That video was so adorable. Maybe I need to try that trick with my kids.

The Firths said...

So, the problem is that you may have to start making broccoli more often now. Sorry you don't like it much, but it was funny to watch her "test" it. The girls do the same thing...