This has been Kaleb's latest thing. I guess he just realized he can move his tongue now and he likes to play with it a lot. It's really funny to watch.
It's cute and I love that he can stick it out now.
Time to get a Bulls 23 jersey.
We taught Brayden about baptism one night while reading her book to her, “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus,” In it there is a picture of a little girl being baptized so I explained to her how it happens and what it means.
While looking at a picture of herself from when she was a baby she exclaimed, “That’s when I was a boy!” referring to the fact that she had almost no hair.
"Braydenisms."
Well, we had a chance to take her to her first baptism on Sunday. It was one of her good friend’s sister who was being baptized. I spoke to her about it at dinner that night beforehand just to prepare her to be reverent. I was nervous at what kind of scene she might make since she is so outspoken and is ALWAYS talking (somewhat loudly).
When it was time to witness the baptism she went and sat down with all the other children up at the foot of the font behind the glass. She had a front row seat and was being very reverent. She was in awe of what was going on. Luckily she kept quiet…that is...
until it was over.
As soon as the girl was lifted out of the water and began to walk out of the font, Brayden stands up turns around to face the entire “congregation” of people that was there, and with great excitement exclaims, “I want to be baptized too!!!” She then scans her way to find me and says, "Mommy, Mommy. I want to be baptized too!!" As she ran to me. Everybody laughed. She was quite the character.
Now when she lets me put a pony tail in her hair she often says, “Now I’m a girl!”
While taking a walk one Sunday afternoon after church we walked by a playground. Brayden of course wanted to get out and play. We simply explained to her that we don’t play at the park on Sunday. She paused and then replied, “It’s not a sunny day. It’s a cloudy day.”
I was preparing Brayden for church one Sunday by telling her that daddy and I were giving talks and letting her know what she needed to expect.
And finally, we started teaching her the primary song "I Am A Child Of God" not too long ago. Let me just preface this with the fact that she has been going through the "monster" phase and how she's a little bit scared of everything lately.
“I want to give a talk too,” she said.
"You can give a talk when you’re in Primary."
“I’m not Mary, I’m Brayden.”
(She has a friend named Mary.)
We got to the chorus and this is what we hear from her...
"Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way....from the monsters...."
It was pretty funny.
It didn't take her long before she could sing the whole thing by herself and she loves to sing it.
To do it for the camera, however, I did have to bribe her a little....
5 comments:
So cute...worth the wait! Love the Braydenisms....good idea to write them down to remember them years from now. Love Kaleb's tongue!!
love, mom
So adorable! Definitely need the 23 Jersey, now! Love those Braydenisms!!! Great to write those down.
It's so funny when they learn to stick out their tongues!
Braydenisms...very clever. I liked the pictures too. They seemed to go along with what you were writing about...
I LOVE the tongue out pictures! haha! I love that stage. :)
Post a Comment