September 17, 2009

Little Ballerina

Brayden had her very first dance class today. She has her ballet slippers in one hand and her soccer ball in the other. She insisted she wear her tutu and she wanted to take her ball as well. I thought this was a funny picture because I was a dancer and Brandon was a soccer player.
She loves both.
Here she is with her friend Mary "warming up." They were fascinated with the mirror and the little ballet bar. I told her to grab the bar and look at me for a picture. So she whips out a full arabesque. I didn't even teach her that. She's a natural. "Okay mom. Enough with the pictures already." She sat very good and listened to her teacher. They pointed their toes in a circle And reached to the sky.
Brayden had an absolute blast!
I am so excited that she loves to dance!
And she's pretty good at it too.
This last picture is for my cousin, Heather.
Brayden's dance teacher is your TWIN!

7 comments:

Darcy said...

Oh how cute is that! Brayden will be well rounded for sure!
Even though I don't know your cousin, I'd say that they do look like the same person...

Joan Wardell said...

I love that Brayden loves to dance...she is so social!! No Kaleb this week? Brayden's teacher DOES look like Heather!

Joan Wardell said...

I guess last week's post was all Kaleb....

Nicole said...

That was too cute. I have to take my camera next week. I loved the video!

The Firths said...

Dance classes are awesome! She looks like a natural. I know they teach ballet to football players, so why not soccer players too!

Sarah H said...

Brayden is sure a cute girl!

Heather Strong said...

Ha ha! That is funny! I took a double take at that picture before I had scrolled down or read it and had to make sure it wasn't me! How funny is that.