November 19, 2009

My Hercules Baby

Kaleb has been well on the move these days. He crawls, he stands, he climbs, and just started walking along the furniture this week. He is one active baby! He needs to be in the middle of everything Brayden and I are doing. If I sit on the floor, he doesn't crawl around me...he has to crawl over my lap and then back again and does this over and over again. It doesn't have to be me. Anybody sitting on the floor gets the joy of having this cute chubby guy climbing all over them. He has got to be the strongest baby I have ever been around. Be careful when you pick him up. He's like a fish out of water flailing his body around with excitement. He's as heavy and as strong (or stronger) than a two year old but without being able to walk so of course I carry him and my arms and back are killing me.
He's eight months now and I can't believe he's already old enough to do this.... He started standing up in his crib a few days ago and now it takes a little extra work to get these two to go to sleep at night since they share a room. Kaleb climbs up to see what's going on and then Brayden acts up and gets him going. It's amusing to hear them together.
Kaleb spends most of his time trying to catch up with all of us around here.
We're running around trying to get things done and it's so sad to watch him make it all the way over to us and then by the time he gets there we're already moving on to something else.
But when the work is done we all really have so much fun together.

Video 1

I caught a little video of him climbing up in his crib. It's just a little milestone I wanted to record.
Video 2
Brayden started counting in Spanish the other day out of no where. She made it all the way to cinco. I tried to reproduce that on video.
Video 3
Patty cake has been a favorite at our house for the last few weeks. Kaleb loves it when we clap his hands together. Today he just started clapping his hands on his own for the first time...but not to patty cake.
Please excuse my singing...
Video 4
warning
annoying scream coming from two year old
...but it made Kaleb laugh...
like everything Brayden does.

5 comments:

Joan Wardell said...

Amazing....why do babies grow up so fast? Wasn't he just born "yesterday"?
Love a baby's laugh!! Just makes ya feel good and smile!

Darcy said...

Cody has been counting to cinco... it's cuz of Dora and Diego, you know? Although he doesn't know the english translation.

The Kunz Family said...

Denise he is such an adorable little guy!!

Meg said...

I love watching your videos. So cute! They always make me laugh :)

Erin said...

Wow, his laugh at the end is ADORABLE!!!