Brandon likes to take Brayden out for Daddy/Daughter Dates every once in a while. He asked her what she would like to do this last time and this is what she picked....
Doughnuts!
We thought this picture was funny cause that's what came to mind when we saw it.
Getting doughnuts for breakfast has been something Brandon has enjoyed doing with the kids every once in a while. He has fond memories of doing this with his dad when he was little. In my mind doughnuts aren't breakfast...they're a treat...but it's his thing that he does with them, and of course they all really enjoy it!
DUCKS
I haven't signed Brayden up for any preschool this year. She's not old enough yet for the one at the public school. Others sometimes pay for private schools. I was going to try to get together with other moms to do a Joy School thing at home but couldn't really find the involvement. I figured it would be easier to just do it on my own anyway.
So a couple times a week Brayden has her "school" here at home where we set aside some time for her to learn her letters and numbers, work on reading, and practice writing and coloring, and then we go on a "field trip" or have a special activity that goes along with the letter of the week.
This week was D, so the D addy D aughter D ate with D oughnuts idea fit in perfectly, but for our activity we went to the park to feed the
D ucks.
When is there a time that I could throw a plain tortilla down in front of him at his highchair and he want to eat it? Never...but take the bread to feed the ducks and he wanted to eat it ALL. (Next time I should try this with vegetables).
He eventually started sharing.
Brayden wasn't that much different. She would give them some bread and then would talk to them and say, "Okay duckies, now I'm going to have a taste. You need to share."
It's amazing they were still hungry for lunch when we got home after eating so much bread.
Quote of the week:
During breakfast
"Brayden, can you just give me some peace right now?"
in a 'it is much too early for you to be this hyper' tone of voice.
"Okay," she says.
At this point I'm thinking 'Wow, it's that easy? All I had to do was ask.'
She then comes into the living room where I was and says,
"Here, you can have a 'piece' of my strawberry."
3 comments:
Doughnuts are the perfect breakfast. They have everything: flour, nuts, milk (since you drink it), chocolate (which comes from a bean making it a vegetable). I bring home day olds every Sunday from work. Emma and Rachel are totally excited about it.
HAHA!! Love the peace/piece moment. :) So cute!
Your kids are to cute! Your hubby did a great job with the doughnut pictures!
Post a Comment