
I took a little trip to the temple with the kids today. I had to get something at the Distribution Center. I remembered it didn't open till 3 which is a horrible time of day to be out and about because of what traffic would be like on the way home, so I brought the camera to make the most out of it.
When we got there I quickly realized that not only was the temple closed for maintenance, but so was the Distribution Center.
Oh well, we had a good time anyway...

And of course the kids were just
angels...

I, for some reason, thought that because we were on temple grounds this would be a peaceful experience.

It was in it's own way : )

Between trying to keep the kids from picking the flowers as well as teaching them that the temple isn't a playground, it was a great learning experience.

While trying to keep Kaleb from crawling into the mulch (picture above),
we came to a compromise and I let them pick a few "seeds" off the bushes.

We made sure to hide all evidence.
: )
Other than being stuck in traffic for an hour and a half on the way home right during dinner time with two hungry children and a hungry mama with no snacks on hand...
we had a nice time.
Thank goodness for DVD players in the car.

On another note, President Uchtdorf gave a talk back in April conference called
Continue in Patience, which he told of an experiment dealing with four year olds and marshmallows.
I tried this experiment with Brayden.
It had to do with putting a marshmallow in front of her and telling her that if she can wait for 15 minutes without eating it, she would get two marshmallows.
The whole point of the experiment in the talk was that those children who were able to wait, they found were happier later in life because of how patience carries over into other successes of life.
Let's watch to see how Brayden did...
(the video is long: 7:41)
5 comments:
how long was she expected to wait? it seemed too long. we need the ending. I think she succeeded. I want to see her reaction to her reward of 2 marshmellows!!
oh...I guess I was not patient and did not read the ending...I still think she did GOOD....except for the elaborate story.
HAHAHAHA wow i'm seriously impressed! 15 minutes is an eternity even for me! : ) i love that you can just see the wheels turning in her head. "well licking it technically isn't eating it.....maybe a nibble or two technically isn't eating it" until finally she's just like "oh my gosh these last two minutes are so long, screw it!" and just devours the thing. hahah that was priceless. oh man i love your kids.
Denise...that is fabulous! What a little cutie that Brayden is. She did way better than my kiddos would have. I'm totally going to give this a try. I'm curious!
Thanks for posting those cute Halloween photos...one of these years I might just steal your awesome creative idea!
PS I got stuck in that traffic last week coming home from a shoot. It was TERRIBLE. So sorry and yes...dvd players in cars are lifesavers!
I think we're curious too. May have to try that one.
Post a Comment