We celebrated Brandon's 30th birthday over the weekend. His birthday is the day before Valentine's day so we always have a fun time celebrating both.
He thinks every husband should use it as an excuse to do something special for their wife and even though it was his birthday weekend he planned something special for me and all of us.
I had arranged for us to go to the temple which was kind of a late Christmas/birthday gift. Anyone with small kids knows how hard it can be to do this together. We had it planned two months earlier, but of course one of the kids got sick...but we finally made it.
To my surprise after our temple date Brandon had reserved a hotel room and dropped me off.
That's right...he made my dream come true and dropped me off by myself to enjoy some rest and relaxation. It was wonderful.
He and the kids joined me later for dinner and swimming at the hotel. He was going to take them back home but I invited them all to stay. I knew the kids would hate leaving and I felt selfish hogging it all to myself. We all had a lot of fun.
For his birthday I made him his requested dinner (white chicken chili) and his requested cake (Tres Leches).
Valentine's around here always starts on February 1st. The 14 days of Valentine's is what he calls it. He leaves me a card and a treat in a special place for me to wake up to every day for those 14 days. He's been doing this I think for three years now, and I still always forget. But, every year he never fails to do this and I continue to be surprised.
This year, on the 14th day I opened up this present...
You can see that Kaleb's hand on the left looks so chubby compared to Brayden's
I thought it was pretty funny that he wanted to see this movie, but it was rated G and Brandon is a sucker for G movies.
It was actually really good.
We are now fans. This kid is pretty incredible in his talent.
The next day I was trying to find some of his stuff on You Tube to listen to and Brayden was sitting with me. For the rest of the day I had two kids singing "Baby, baby, baby, ooooohhhhh..."
Brayden asked me,
"Mom, why is saying baby?"
That's a good question.
Of course she got some other stuff in her head thanks to You Tube videos as you can see in this video...
1 comment:
The hands are pretty cool!
Post a Comment