So we made it out to Utah after a looooong two day car ride. We're a family of five now, so we decided to drive and we survived. That's all I'm going to say about that.
We were welcomed warmly by Brandon's family who let us stay with them.
The kids didn't mind. They had four wheelers, a horse, dirt bikes, a trampoline, and a huge yard to run around in.
We met my grandparents for lunch and my aunt and uncle and cousin met up with us as well. It was a nice little reunion. Great to see all of them.
My grandpa even hopped in. He's turning 90 next week and still going strong.
They had a blast.
My grandma had recently gotten a cochlear implant and had just begun hearing again after nearly a decade of not being able to. It was great to be able to talk to her and have her hear a little bit. She was excited to actually be able to hear the baby cry.
She gave the kids these cute monkeys that they now sleep with.
Brandon's mom, Grandma Joy, wanted to have a fun sleepover with the kids so we gladly dropped them off :) They decorated Easter bags and had an Easter egg hunt. Brayden was in heaven once she found grandma's jewelry drawer. Grandma gave her her own lipstick and she wears it well :/
We took a trip down to Provo. We stopped at a park so the kids could play while I fed Kysen.
Here is the condo that Brandon and I lived in when we first got married and when Brayden was born. We hadn't been back since we left five years ago. Lots of memories here.
We lived all the way at the top on the end...1565.
We also visited the dental hygiene clinic that I went to school at. I'm bummed I didn't take any pictures. The clinic is completely remodeled and I'm so jealous. It was great to see Dr. and Mrs. Veit again, the program directors.
Back at Brandon's dad's house they planned a little party for the kids since they both had a birthday within the last few months.
Brandon's brother, Ryan's girlfriend made this cake. (He's on a mission right now).
The cake turned out really cute.
1 comment:
okay i'm sorry but i'm laughing out loud at those last two pictures. Kysen's smile. hahahahahaha. i would need to recover from a drive like that, too!!
Post a Comment