So I've just learned I have a Baby Houdini on my hands.
See this bouncer?
I've used it for all three children. The older two used it well until they were about 18 months. I would use it for feedings or just to contain them in front of the TV when I needed to get something done.
Neither one of them ever got out of it when I strapped them in. They tried and I think Brayden got close but she was well over a year old.
You can imagin my surprise when I buckled this little guy in and gave him his bottle. I left the room for a few minutes to eat my own lunch. When I came back this is what I found. And seriously, it couldn't have been more than five minutes later.
He slithered his way out of this seat fully buckled.
So, I figured the end table must have given him leverage so I moved him away from it and buckled him in again. I then went to get his baby food...
And came back to this. I really wish I had a video camera ready, but instead I snapped a few shots of the whole thing playing out.
If only he could just get that leg unstuck.
He didn't make a sound. Just kept working at it.
Then he sees me...
But he was determined to do it on his own.
Finally the bouncer flipped over...
And he was able to get free....
So I set up a hidden video camera to see if he would do it again, but of course he just sits there and plays that time.
I think this kid is going to be trouble.
I should probably get a crib tent now. Who knows when he'll master that.
No comments:
Post a Comment