November 8, 2007

Growing Too Fast

A bitter/sweet thing happened to me this week. The same thing that probably has happened to every mother out there. I realized that my baby is no longer a "baby." I don't know when it happened. All I know is that she used to just lay there or let me hold her without squealing or squirming. Now she's this determined little person with a mind of her own exploring this vast new world of hers; crawling, climbing, standing and playing. But every baby stage gets better and better, and I love to watch her grow and discover every new little thing. I just hope she slows down a little so I can enjoy it a bit longer.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

So true. I'm also sad that Cody is growing and I have to wait 3 more years to have another little one in the house. Maybe I can find someone's baby to watch when he's a couple year old.

Anonymous said...

It's hard when that happens...in my case it makes me want another one.

So I missed you yesterday. I was in Jamba Juice and N'Sync's "Pop" came on. It wasn't the same without you to sing our version...Brandon just didn't cut it.

manders said...

I know what you mean. Enjoy the precious time you have while she is still little. Before you know it she will be climbing, talking back"No", and growing up sooo fast. I can't believe maddie is 18mos already. Brayden is a beautiful little girl. Miss ya

Marnae said...

Wow..seems like just yesterday you were sipping your jamba juice and feeling ready to pass out. Man was she ever worth it or what? She is gorgeous and I wish her and Millie could have play dates and we could watch them grow together.
Miss you guys.