We had a great time at Brayden's first birthday party last week. Some of her little friends came over to help her celebrate. We ate good food and we played games like "Guess Brayden's Firsts" and "Pin the Diaper on Brayden" (a picture game. We didn't actually chase Brayden around blindfolded).
She had so much fun opening up her presents (or asking me to open her presents for her, by putting her hand on her chest and saying "plea, plea") and more fun playing with them. By the end of the day however I think her favorite thing to play with were the balloons, or "balls," as she would call them. There's still a little air in them and she's been asking to play with the "balls" ever since.
The best part of her birthday was when daddy got home and we busted out the birthday pie. Brandon and I aren't big fans of birthday cake so we made things really fun and got a chocolate cream pie. This made it possible for Brayden to live up to her birthday mess potential. It looked like so much fun that after Brayden got her fill, Brandon and I had our hands in it with her.
It was a great day!
Now that she is one whole year older can you guess what's different about her?
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yes, my little baby came into this world as perfect as can be but we went ahead and forever changed her little earlobes. Brandon had mixed feelings for this very reason. I however knew she would want it done sooner or later and figured now is the time when she doesn't have hair in the way and I can take care of them and make sure they heal nicely. She did really well. Didn't even flinch. I'm not surprised. She's always been able to take things like a champ. Even though she was wearing blue pants and a white onsie, shortly after we got them pierced, a lady in the mall said "what a gorgeous little girl." Finally no more uncertainty by strangers. She's all girl!
I knew she would look cute with little earrings in her ears, but I didn't know she would look THIS cute.
4 comments:
You were so good for her first birthday. What a big bash. Did you come up with those ideas on your own? I cannot believe you gave her the whole pie!!! I hope you made one for you guys to have too; I was wanting a piece just watching it. She did so good getting her ears pierced. That's really amazing.
That is so cute that you got her ears pierced! I can't believe how good she was...it didn't even scare her!
I love all the pictures on your blog! I especially loved the video of your game with trying to feed brayden. That is hilarious! I hope everything is going well!
Happy Birthday Brayden!
Post a Comment