October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Brandon and I had a nice anniversary this last week. We went out to eat. We made reservations specifically to sit by the fireplace. When we got there it was already given away. They felt horrible so they brought us out a free appetizer. Then we were able to move to that table not too long after when the other couple was finished. We splurged after our meal and ordered not one but two desserts. When we got our check the desserts were on the house as well. We chose a great time to order two desserts! It was a nice night out.
Last weekend "Time Out For Women" came to our town and I was able to attend. It's a women's conference where they have a bunch of popular Mormon artists speak and perform. It was a great little break.
I got to sit on the front row thanks to some friends of mine that were volunteering there and I got to meet Hillary Weeks who was the featured musician.
Michael McLean also performed.

Once I got home I got Brayden dressed in her cute fifties costume and went to our ward's trunk or treat. Here she is waiting while the judges were judging the costumes. If there was a "cutest costume" award she would have won. She learned a little about candy that night as she took her first taste of a sucker. The rest Brandon and I have been enjoying.

Here is another item she got in her trunk or treat bag.

Here is the costume that won "most original." Being the dental family that we are we had to get a picture. We didn't get the whole family in it. The dad was the dentist, a sister was the tooth fairy, and the dog was toothpaste. The mom was going to be Listerine but ran out of time making the costume.

Speaking of dentistry, here is Brandon's latest project that he brought home. His very first dentures that he constructed which went well with his pumpkin this year...

I never got around to painting my pumpkin but Brandon's pumpkin is creative enough for the both of us...
And here is our little artist's work...

The montage is full of pictures we took at the pumpkin patch as well as Brayden in her cute costume for this year, which by the way she loves and never wants to take off. I was worried about the scarf being too ichy but that's her favorite part.

Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

Joan Wardell said...

I love everyone's pumpkin patch blogs....the only difference is we are in winter coats and you guys are in short sleeves.
Brandon's pumpkin is the best!! and oh yeah...the teeth are great too.
What a cute costume for Brayden!
Happy Halloween!

Joan Wardell said...

I "almost" forgot....I loved the "almost" at the end!

Darcy said...

"Almost" how funny! 2 desserts! SCORE. I am happy to hear that you can actually eat this time around. What a cute outfit for Brayden. LOVE LOVE Brandon's pumpkin complete with dentures!

The Firths said...

Sounds like it was a great Halloween, for the costume and the date. You can never go wrong with desserts. Jen has learned from weight watchers that anniversary and date night calories don't count. We were very excited about that...????

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Those dental costumes are awesome! Braden looked cute in her costume. Davis is excited for next halloween as he will have a pawn to use to get a bunch of candy from trick or treating. lol!