7 needle sticks to draw blood
6 different doctors
5 night stay in the hospital
4 IVs placed
3 shots in the stomach
2 surgeries
and...
1 gallbladder removed.
This has been my week.
Let me see if I can keep this short.
I've been having gallbladder problems for a while now and it got to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore.
I went to the ER last Friday hoping they would admit me and take it out.
Turns out I was beginning to be jaundice so they admitted me that night. This just happened to be the day right after Brandon finished his last final. Talk about good timing. Once he was done with school he said, "What am I going to do with my time now?" Well I sure gave him plenty to do at home now that I wasn't there.
I had an MRI which showed two stones stuck in the duct leading to my liver. They did a procedure called ERCP which is where they stuck a scope down my throat to remove the stones. Following that procedure I was in more pain than I started with.
Turns out I had developed pancreatitis.
Finally it was time to take my gallbladder out.
I had the surgery and all my pain went away. My pancreas calmed down and returned back to normal. My liver was again working right and I no longer was jaundice.
I stayed in the hospital a little bit longer than anticipated due to the fact that my system couldn't tolerate food for a little bit. It took some time, but now I'm much better and on my way to a full recovery.
I'm not even going to get into it this time with some of my experiences I had with the nurses. It will just make me mad all over.
I ended up getting my private room for free after talking to the nurse director concerning one nurse in particular.
Let's just say, me and nurses don't mix...actually me and nurses who don't do their job or have a power trip, don't mix because I did have some terrific nurses who were very nice who seemed to actually enjoy their job and treated me like a real person.
Anyways....
7 months with gallbladder pain
6 hours in the ER
5 very appreciated meals (for Brandon)
4 weeks only till Brandon needs to take his boards (who hasn't been able to study yet)
3 different blessings
2 beautiful children
and
1 terrific husband and Super Dad...
who took care of everybody at home especially Brayden who came down with a 104 degree fever. They spent their own time in the children's ER.
Turned out to be hand/foot/mouth disease which just needed to run its course.
At least Kaleb is doing well and slept 10 1/2 hours for Brandon.
Everybody is doing much better now.
It's hard during times like these not having any family around, but we have such great friends who have helped us out so much and we are truly grateful. Thank you.
We know we are watched over. We count our blessings every day. Thank you all for your prayers.
And...
...No more hospital.
9 comments:
We are glad you are home too. It was a long week for all of us! Can't wait to see everyone!!
oh my gosh!!! what a horrible week!!!...like you said...good timing with school!
PLEASE let me know if you need anything while you recover!! so glad you got it all taken care of finally. Ü
What an ordeal! DANG NURSES!! Kaleb is just so adorable. Love his cooing.
I can't believe that happened to you! I also can't believe you got mean nurses again. Good for you for talking to the nursing director. My mom is a nurse and she LOVES her job so she couldn't believe your last experience. I'm glad you're feeling better now.
So glad that you are recovering!
Glad to hear you're feeling better. Kaleb sure is a chunker! Love his lips.
Wow. That's about all I can add. Glad you're feeling better.
How sad. What a trooper you are! Good luck and get better soon!
Post a Comment