It didn't take long before I was up on my feet again after last week's hospital stay. Things have returned back to normal around here...including Brandon being gone studying all day. He may be out of school but now he is preparing for part 1 of the written national dental boards exam which he will be taking on June 17th. It's an exam that includes everything he's learned in the last two years of dental school (and probably more).
I ended up talking him out of studying on Memorial Day. He never takes holidays off. Even when he has a day off from school he is still always studying on that day. I was able to convince him that we all needed a break and a day to spend together as a family.
We started out our day early by having breakfast at IHOP. Then we packed a lunch and headed out to Sea World. In the past whenever we go to Sea World we may spend only an hour or two but on Memorial Day we stayed the majority of the day. We spent most of our time at the water park and had a blast. It's so fun to watch Brayden at this age really enjoy herself and able to have fun at the little kiddie part of the water park. I didn't take any pictures. Sometimes it's nice to put the camera away and just enjoy ourselves not worrying about getting good photos. Before we left Brandon took Brayden on the log run rollar coaster. That is something I wish I had a picture of, but I was feeding Kaleb at the time and was unable to capture the look on her face. She was scared but as they were getting off she turned to Brandon and said, "that was fun!"
We came home and rested and then after dinner we went back out to our community pool and had a nice evening swim before bedtime. This is the only picture I took of the day...and it's not even a very good one. Brayden tried out her new floaties and Brandon gave her her first swimming lessons. I really need to get her learning how to swim. She's much too independent for my sanity.
It was a hard day to see end and Brayden let us know that! It was nice to have a day with all of us together after a long hard semester.
This weekend we're excited to have family come into town for Kaleb's blessing. I'm having a hard time deciding on his blessing outfit so I'm going to need your help. It's between the blessing outfit that Brandon was blessed in...
I think it's such a nice idea to bless him in the same outfit that his daddy was blessed in, but the minute I put him in it and took a look at him, I thought he looked like he needed a blue bow in his hair. It makes him look kind of girly...no offense to Brandon/his mom and the 1981 fashions.
The second choice is your typical white three piece blessing outfit. He looks really sharp in it, but it is hot here and this outfit is not very breathable. I was thinking if I chose this outfit I wouldn't put him in it until we got to the church (which is usually pretty cold).
9 comments:
I will go shopping before I come!! see what I can find....maybe Debbie or Dayna has one to choose from that they used for their boys.
I love the second outfit. He looks so handsome in it!
Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. Glad that you are feeling better.
It's funny how you mentioned that it's sometimes better to just not worry about getting a good picture. We went to Thanksgiving Points farm on Mem. Day and I was so stressed about getting pictures, and I went home and I thought the same thing to myself. I had the realization that it might be okay to just have 1 or 2 pics and be done.
Funny that we were thinking along the same lines! :-)
I like the second one.
I'm going to have to vote Brandon's. My nephew was blessed in a boy's blessing dress - yes, full on dress - that his father, grandfather, and a few others had worn in between. It's such a wonderful tradition to start, and it will mean a lot more when Kaleb is grown and blessing his own son in it. No one will think how "girly" it is then, and you are probably the only one who will worry about it now!
What a relaxing weekend. I like outfit #2.
Um... Number two on the blessing outfits. I couldn't agree more with the bow comment. OH, and why is Brandon wearing his clothes in the swimming pool?
I'd go with Number 1. He isn't going to care what he looks like now or later. It's a neat idea.
I vote the second one though I am not a very sentimentally attached person. We just dressed Emmett in white GAP pants and sweater for his blessing and he wore the sweater several times after that - it was my fave. Stayed white too after about a billion spot treatments ha ha!
Hey Denise--Glad you're feeling better. I read your last post. what an ordeal you went through.
I vote for #1. I think it's cute and it's sweet your husband was blessed in it.
Post a Comment