This week was a fun and busy week. I had a post-op follow up appointment with my surgeon. I had never been to his office before. He was a referral given to me from my OB and since it was emergency surgery I just threw his name out there and the hospital called him up to do my surgery. As soon as I walked into his office on the wall it said "New Dimensions/Weight Loss Surgery." The waiting room was full of patients seeking consultations for or already have had gastric bypass surgery. Since the doctor was running behind we all got to talking a little bit and someone said to me,
"So I take it you had the surgery?"
"Uhhh...no, I had my gallbladder out."
I was about to be somebody's inspiration, but I had to let them down. Needless to say I felt a little out of place, but it was interesting talking with them about their gastric bypass experiences. I had no idea my surgeon was a bariatric surgeon.
Then a few days later I attended a continuing education course that I needed to have done for my dental hygiene requirements. The topic was "Advances in Women's Health: Hormones." This was pretty much the only class that fit our schedule. I would rather have gone to a class that was more specifically dental related but oh well...I just needed to get my credits. It wasn't long after being there that I noticed how out of place I was once again. I was surrounded by a bunch of pre/post-menopausal women. I was the youngest one there with my three month old baby and the subject matter consisted mostly about menopause and breast cancer.
The funny part is how when I got there, the registration lady took one look at the stroller I was pushing and says, "your not going to bring a baby in there are you?"
"Uh, yeah. Why? Am I not allowed to?"
"Well, you'll have to talk to the instructor."
The instructor then proceeds to tell me that she'll allow it only if I make sure to not disturb anyone and take the baby out when he gets fussy. Of course I was planning on doing that.
Then as the class gets going she proceeds to talk about how breast cancer is prevented by breastfeeding. Here I am a breastfeeding mother who almost wasn't allowed in because of it. I just thought that was kind of ironic.
By lunch time almost every woman in the place came up to me to tell me how good my baby was and how they had never seen such a good baby. I knew he would be...that's why I brought him.
Well, Brandon has spent almost every waking hour studying. He breaks away every once in awhile. These pictures were taken during a break he took for lunch to have a picnic with us.
Kaleb is wearing a "Little Brother" shirt.
"Wake up Victoria. Wake up"
"Brayden, go to sleep."
What a good little girl. She's at somebody else's house not even in a crib but on the floor and she was the one trying to sleep and encouraging Brayden to.
Well, her parents came to pick her up before they ever fell asleep.
Not having my air conditioning made me think of how many luxuries we enjoy these days and I don't know what I would do without them. Definitely not be as comfortable. For one thing I am extremely grateful for these luxuries. This reminded me of a hilarious clip I saw on You Tube that talks about what a spoiled generation we are. If you want a good laugh click here.
Or if you just want to laugh along with Kaleb then watch this video below.
He's been chuckling a lot lately and it is so much fun. For some reason he thinks it's funny when I sing the "Wonder Pets" song.
2 comments:
That video was priceless, I love baby giggles! thanks for sharing
Great pictures. Videos were what I needed... Sorry about the AC.
Post a Comment