September 3, 2009

Potty Training Update

Brayden has been doing fantastic with this whole potty training business and I'm loving it! She even goes in store restrooms now (I know, gross, but when you gotta go...). I realized after the first few days it seemed like I was giving her treats all day long. This girl can poop on demand. If it means she gets a treat, she'll squeeze out even the tiniest little poop you've ever seen.
In effort to try to save her teeth I tried to switch her from treats to putting stickers on the Dora Map.
I spent a couple evening after she went to bed making her this cool Dora Map, thinking it will be the perfect transition. I told her Dora ran out of treats and I thought she would be so excited to pick a sticker of various Dora characters out of her Dora box to put anywhere on her new special laminated Map instead.

Well, she was excited about her new Map and we put it up on her wall. She loved the stickers and had a great time finding a place for them on The Map. However it wasn't too long before she kept asking for treats after she would go to the bathroom. I kept reminding her that Dora ran out of treats. It didn't even take a day before she wasn't interested in going to the bathroom anymore.

Sooooo, Dora found some more treats to leave for her.

We're just doing a lot of brushing of her teeth for now.

.

.

.

This is what Brandon is up to...

...doing his lab work at home.

He's been getting more and more experience in the clinic lately. He did his first filling last week and his first root canal today.

He's working on dentures in these pictures.

And Kaleb continues to be the source of delight for his big sister.

He is continuing to try more and more new baby foods. He is such a good eater, but we have found a few things he doesn't care for. So far he doesn't seem to like peas and carrots. Even though he winces at the taste he can't seem to help himself and continues to open his mouth and let me torture him with it. He tries so hard to eat it, but I can't bare it for very long...

3 comments:

The Firths said...

We couldn't stop laughing at this post. Sorry about the potty train being slightly derailed. Can't Brayden understand that even Dora has cutbacks in this economy???? Sorry about the candy, but good thing Daddy is a dentist. That should help. I hope that Caleb doesn't have any trauma from having to wear a crown!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

That's so funny Brayden can poop on demand!! Smart kid, eh?

Erin said...

Such cute kids! Moriah loves Dora too. Glad the potty training is going so well. It is so nice to get that over with.