October 29, 2009

Five Years and a Couple of Children...

We got our family photos taken last week. We love the way they turned out. Our friend Krista does an amazing job.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We celebrated our five year wedding anniversary yesterday.
Brandon always loves a chance to take me out so I surprised him with the opportunity to take me to see the
"So You Think You Can Dance"
tour that came to Austin Tuesday night.
We had a really good time. Shows like this really make me miss dancing.
This picture below was my favorite dance last season.
On Wednesday I was surprised with five of these at my doorstep.
The Calla Lily was our wedding flower.
On our way out Wednesday night, Brandon made a special stop at a jewelry store. He told me to go in and ask for Marsha. He gave me her card and said to take as much time as I needed.
I went in and spoke with Marsha. She was expecting me. She then led me over to a display that Brandon had put together with a card. There were five pieces of jewelry and in the card was an explanation of why he chose each one. From those five I was to choose the one I wanted and I chose the infinity bracelet.
Brandon has bought me lots of jewelry in our five years and he has obviously learned. It was really smart of him to let me choose. This bracelet turned out to be the original piece of jewelry he was going to buy me, but then came up with the idea of giving me options. Turned out to be the one I wanted anyway.
After the surprise stop we continued on our journey to the city to take the kids on a carriage ride. After calming Brayden down because she wanted to ride on the horse's back we had a really enjoyable time with a beautiful and comfortable night.
We then went out for ice cream afterwards.
It's been a great five years. I can't believe how much we have gone through and grown in such a short amount of time.
We wouldn't trade it for anything.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on 5 years. It just gets better from here! The pictures are really cute! I love all the expression in Caleb's face. We are getting ours in a couple of weeks and I can't wait! It's funny because we are doing the same colors for our family! I love the last one you posted with the black and the sunset in the back. Perfect. You look really great as always! Thanks for sharing.

Meghan said...

I laughed out loud at the pic of Brayden with Caleb in a headlock. Hilarious! And Congrats on 5 years! :)

Joan Wardell said...

Beautiful family! We loved seeing you guys again!
What a great anniversary and a great tribute!

Darcy said...

Congrats on 5 years! I love all your pics. Especially the one where Brayden has Kaleb in a headlock!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

Happy anniversary! I love the family pics! They're all so cute! Sounds like you had a good one!

The Firths said...

The pictures were great. Way to go on 5 years! You mentioned missing dancing. I just miss the better shape I was in while I was dancing...

Heather Strong said...

Those pictures look great. I love the one where Brayden has Caleb in a headlock. I bet you see that a lot!