September 23, 2010

18 Months

My big boy turned 18 months old!
At his check up he measured in at a whopping 30 lbs!
He is such a bruiser too. Our ward has two nurseries and they put him in the older one and I guess he's making the three year olds cry. Not something I'm proud of. In fact it wasn't until nursery that he started pushing everyone at eye level he comes in contact with. I think that was his way of acknowledging the other kids cause as soon as I told him to just say "hi" he's layed off a lot.
Besides that this kid is so much fun!
He loves to play and doesn't care how he gets my attention. From screaming my name over and over (all day long) at the top of his lungs, to tackling me if I'm sitting on the floor, or just plopping himself on my lap no matter what I'm doing, he makes sure his presence is known. He absolutely loves to be tickled and he's so squishy and lovable that I love tickling him.
He wants to be doing everything his older sister is doing, including dancing, coloring, and putting on lip gloss. He mostly just likes to eat it.
He's also quite the little climber and athlete and loves to do anything with a ball.
His favorite toys are cars....well, actually it's a close one between cars and Brayden's mini princess dolls. They do so well sharing them. They each have to have a couple of these princess dolls in their hands nearly all day long...but when he does put those down you'll find him with a few cars in their place.
His favorite book is "The Incredibles." We lost our movie so he's never seen it, but for some reason he loves this book. He wants to read it every night and sleeps with it most of the time.

He hit a big milestone this last week.

We said "bye bye" to the pacifier.

I just decided one day that we should be done so I told him that night that it would be his last night with his paci. After prepping him for a few more minutes he sucked on it one last time and then spit it out. Not quite what I meant by "last time" but it worked. The paci fairy left him a little treat in it's place the next morning just to make it fun and he's continued to sleep peacefully ever since.

Such a big boy!

It's a rare thing I ever get a smile out of him for a picture but he's one happy kid. He loves to smile and laugh...especially when he's trying to get away with something he knows he shouldn't be doing.

And I also have to say what a great big sister Brayden is to him. She's very patient and giving and such a good helper in teaching him to play nicely and share.

4 comments:

Denise and Brandon said...

Those are some great pictures!
- Brandon

Denise and Brandon said...

...and that video makes me smile and laugh to myself.
- Brandon

Bethany Sines said...

he is just sooooo darling!!

Nicole said...

Can we come visit? They're so cute and the library is too crazy to sit and let them play?