May 27, 2011

A Chapter Closed

For those of you wondering what's next for us, Brandon got accepted into an AEGD (Advanced Education General Dentistry) program here in San Antonio which is what we are going to be doing for the next year. Pretty much he's going to be working for the school as a new dentist getting more advanced training then he did in dental school.
It's been great not having to sell our house, find a new place to live, pack up the family and move...but it's sad that everyone else did.
Before graduation we had our last hoorah with a lot of our good friends we made during these last four years.
A few faces are missing in these pictures but this group won't be forgotten. We've been through a lot together from pregnancies and babies being born, play groups and dance recitals, watching our kids grow, being "single moms" at times while our husbands got through their dreaded gross anatomy, histology, and pathology classes, board exams, lab work, some dealing with unfair, bitter professors...We stuck together and I never felt alone. It has been such a wonderful experience and I'm grateful to have gone through it with them.
And I'm really sad that they're not here anymore :(

Here's Brandon with his good friend, Seth, at the awards ceremony. Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there since we were getting new carpet put in our house.

Brandon won a few awards.

(Once I ask him what they were again, I'll let you know what for.)

Here are a few more pictures of our time with the family.

Thanks for coming everyone! We had such a great time!

1 comment:

Tami H. said...

Congrats on getting in the program!!